24 Sep Baby Sleep
Each new parent has lots of questions about baby care. Is your baby acting normal? What are the most important points you must remember when it comes to baby behavior? Is she eating the right amount of food? It’s easy to buy baby strollers in Malaysia, but monitoring baby sleep can be challenging. Here are some important details you must remember.
Types of Sleep
Infants have 2 kinds of sleep. Both of them are healthy and important.
Your infant child needs deep sleep. It is essential for her brain to rest well. During deep sleep, your child:
- Makes sucking movements.
- Fails to wake up easily.
- Has floppy, relaxed legs and arms.
- Fails to move much.
- Has regular steady breathing.
Deep sleep is crucial for baby development and growth. Make sure she gets this for her brain to rest.
Your child needs light sleep for her brains to develop and grow. This is the time when your baby dreams. During light sleep, your child:
- Has slow and fast breathing.
- Wakes up easily.
- Makes noises, and moves around
- Has eye twitches, and closes an opens his eyes quickly.
Below are the steps you must follow each time your child goes to sleep.
The baby must never sleep on the sofa, or in any other soft surface.
- The baby must be dressed appropriately, depending on the room temperature. Remember, infants don’t need to wear additional layers of clothing. A sleep sack or sleeper must keep her cozy, in case the room is cool.
- Swaddling may calm her if she is feeling fussy, but the blanket must be removed before going to sleep.
- All your baby’s caregivers must know, and follow all baby safe-sleep practices.
- Always put the baby down to sleep on her back.
- The baby must sleep on a separate sleep surface with no blankets, pillows, toys or stuffed animals.